A Message from Principal Schleif
Hello PES Families,
Please see the messages below to learning important information regarding our plans for returning students to in-person school.
Message in Spanish
Message in English
Phoenix Elementary History
Phoenix Elementary School first occupied its current site on Rose Street beginning in mid-1800. The school has gradually expanded from a one-room schoolhouse to its present facility. The school’s primary wing brick building, constructed in 1954, was enhanced in 1974 with the addition of the “round” building containing eight classrooms and a large media center, as well as the gym/cafeteria. Four more classrooms were added in 1995. A multipurpose (gym) room and the School-Based Health Center were built in 2002. A cover for our intermediate playground was added in 2004 and walking/running track was added in the spring of 2008 though funding from the PES PTA and the Home Depot. In August of 2015, a new play structure was installed thanks to various grants and PES staff fundraising.
In 2017, a bond measure was passed and a new HVAC system, security measures and remodeling of our PES campus took place over the summer, 2018. We are very excited for the added security for our students and staff.